Even though I don't know that I can be considered Christian, there are some bits of the faith that I can't give up, and I think that Lent is the thing that I like best. Because it's part ritual and part personal challenge. I like the idea that at least once a year, you test yourself in the name of your faith not by going out and trying to conform others to your beliefs, but by making yourself conform to your beliefs, by making sure that you're doing your part, too.
Yes, I am participating in Lent this year. I won't say what I'm giving up, because I want to keep it a secret. Sometimes it helps me to tell everyone what I'm doing, sometimes keeping it secret helps me more. Go figure.
But my other Not-At-All-Officially-Prescribed challenge is to gleepost once with a quote until Easter. Here's to hoping I can do it.
"Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving."
- Khalil Gibran
5 Things That Were Good About Today
1. Slightly warmer weather, up in the 40's.
2. New Lost. Because nothing lifts one spirits like being utterly confused by hot people on an island
3. Nectarines from the grocery store were really good for off-season
4. I have my health
5. I have a bit more money in my account due to V-Day gift from dad.
3 Things I Did Well Today
1. Got thank you letters sent out
2. Did my super secret good deed of the day
3. Made dinner
2 Things I Look Forward To
1. Eating healthy and losing weight with renewed dedication
2. Continuing to gleepost during Lent.